Monday, March 15, 2010

Training for the Country Music Marathon

The husband and I started training for the Country Music Marathon in December.  We've trained when it was cold in the past.  But December and January were the coldest months I've ever experienced in Tennessee, and we STILL trained outside.  If it had been up to me we'd have been running inside on the treadmill in front of old reruns of The Gilmore Girls.  But the husband, being from Buffalo, New York, seemed to think that buying two balaclavas gave us no excuse to run inside.  The funniest moment was running in the dark, predawn hours when the temperature was in the teens and looking over to see what looked like white mascara on the husband's eyelashes.

Sadly, we made it through the hardest part of the training and then both proceeded to get running injuries.  The husband is dealing with knee issues, and I got a glute med strain.  So dreams of finishing a full marathon have been set aside for this year.  Although it was hard to put my plans aside, I've been blessed with a new goal.

I'm training with one of my best friends in the world for the Country Music Half Marathon.  It's her first time running this event, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Running side by side with a good friend, chatting away the miles through side aches and emergency bathroom stops through the windy hills of the running path is just a great way to start a Saturday.

I'm training with one of my best friends in the world for the Country Music Half Marathon.  It's her first time running this event, and I couldn't be more proud of her.  Running side by side with a good friend, chatting away the miles through side aches and emergency bathroom stops through the windy hills of the running path is just a great way to start a Saturday.

And thank God it's finally time to start running in short sleeves!

No comments:

Post a Comment